Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review of Blood of the Demon by Rosalie Lario

11824280

      Oh, was I a happy, happy girl, when I realized what a treasure I had in this book.  Miracles like this are why I miss sleep reading through mostly mediocre filler books, and a few eye gougingly horrific books.  If this book is a true indicator of Ms. Lario’s talent, then she is in for a long a very lucrative career. If she sticks with what brung her to the dance, the sky’s the limit.

   First we start with the book premise. A group of incredibly hot, honorable, half breed demon brothers, Keegan, Taeg, Ronin, and Dagan, are sent to Earth as Detainors for a multidimensional council. The are kind of demon cops/bounty hunters.  They have been charged with the duty of locating and containing Brynn Meyer, who unknown to her, is the key to the apocalypse.  Keegan being the oldest brother assumes a majority of the responsibilities on this mission. He also carries a massive amount of guilt concerning his younger brothers, for what he believes is his failure to protect them from their abusive father.

   Now we have Brynn, who is just your average New York art gallery owner, and who also possess the power of psychometry, and the ability to drain a person’s energy. So when Keegan strolls into her shop one night looking all fine and sexy, Brynn’s like “Mmm, yeah…I could get with that.” Then he hauls of and plants a haymaker on her jaw and it’s lights out for Brynnie. But my girl’s tough, when she wakes up handcuffed to the bed, does she freak? (well, maybe a tiny bit, but not much) No, she plots and schemes. Brynn has some backbone. No, my girl is tough through the whole book. Now, I never, ever give spoilers, cause that’s just wrong, but I will say that Brynn does not need rescuing.

   If you’ve read any of my reviews or posts, or  know anything about me, you know that for a book to be awesomely perfect to me, it has got to SMOKE. It has got to be hot, hard and frequent, and it has to be equal on both sides. I just hate it when the heroine never gives a blow job. Come on, I don’t care how gallant or gentle the hero, guys like getting head. Oooops getting off track, anyway…….this book surpassed all my expectations. It is not erotica, but it is damn good. I give this book my highest recommendation, and I can’t wait for the next book.

Martini glassMartini glassMartini glassMartini glassMartini glass

No comments: