Thursday, January 5, 2012

18 and Over Book Blogger Hop



18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 & over crowd, and make some new friends!


 
How to join in:


-You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.


-Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.


-Copy the html for the button above and place it at the top of your post.


-List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’


-Place your name and blog title in the linky below and the url for a direct link to your post


-Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. J It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!


-Contact me (readingbetweenthewines10 at gmail dot com) with any questions!


 
                                Question of the Week:


Do you read multiple books at a time or stick to one?
 
My Answer:  It depends on the circumstances. If I am under a deadline or  I have  overbooked, or am I stuck reading a book that makes my eyes bleed. In some instances I will read up to three books at a time. If it is a book that I know is going to rock my world, I make sure the decks are cleared and lock the doors, or if it turns out to be a surprise gem, things get pushed back. If one of my favorite authors needs a rush job then I will usually fit it in. Some books I will not encroach upon.  But normally I have an office read and a bed read. Three at a time is about my limit,.


It IS the 18 and Over Blog Hop.... I'm just sayin'






8 comments:

Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I totally can not do that. I know people can read more then 1 book but for me its a no go. If a book is boring enough that I stop and move on I usually do not pick it up again. Thats awesome you can do it though.

Sharon Stogner said...

I have anywhere from 2 to 4 going at one time. Usually one paper, one kindle, one ipad, and one on the computer

Unknown said...

Damn those books that make the eyes bleed anyway. lmao!!!

I only read one at a time because I think a good book deserves my full attention. And if it's an amazing read then everything else just seems to not exist for me anyway. LOL

And thanks for the butt shots. Yum!!

Unknown said...

Damn those books that make the eyes bleed anyway. lmao!!!

I only read one at a time because I think a good book deserves my full attention. And if it's an amazing read then everything else just seems to not exist for me anyway. LOL

And thanks for the butt shots. Yum!!

C.S. Maxwell said...

Yeah---I am not alone.
I, too, read more than one at a time...but no more than 3.
But sometimes I am hooked in one that will take my attention from others.

Kimberly said...

Phew - someone else who's the same as I. It's rare for me to be reading more than 3 at a time, but it depends on how many arcs I have and when they're releasing. That's not counting what I have to read for work...eek.

Kat
Wit and Sin

Kiru Taye said...

I do a bit of both depending on what I'm reading. When I'm into a book, especially with category romance, I don't read anything else until I'm done. For some longer reads, I take a break and read something else before going back to finish the book.

I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend.

Crystal @ RBtWBC said...

I can't do that though I have sometimes, when I've forgotten to bring a book with me, read a short story on my phone until I can get back to my other read. But I like to concentrate on one story at a time although sometimes with my review piles I wish I could read 3 or 4 at the same time!
Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for participating!