Sylvie Bissette may be one of Harbor City's youngest
glitterati, but only her best friends know her most closely guarded secret. She's the woman behind The High-Heeled Wonder, a must-read blog for fashionistas everywhere. Gossip, fashion advice, exposés. Too bad
some people can't take a little criticism. When an internet troll discovers her secret identity and escalates from stalking her to threatening her life, Sylvie turns to
security expert Tony Falcon for help. The investigator from the other side of the tracks is the olive oil to her Evian water and aggravates her to no end, but it's not just her temper he's inciting...
Tony Falcon wouldn't know a kitten heel from a tabby cat, but since most of the bad guys he tracks down aren't wearing stilettos, it's never been a problem...until he meets Sylvie. When a murder investigation leads him to the same place Sylvie works, he realizes the feisty fashionista may be his best chance at catching the criminals who killed his best friend. It all leads back to the cut-throat fashion world. But solving that case means going after the people Sylvie cares about, and soon his attraction for her--and the danger she's in--has him wondering if solving the case is worth hurting the woman he can't stop fantasizing about ...
When Sylvie's almost run over in broad daylight, Tony goes undercover as her boyfriend to infiltrate the close-knit fashion community. And when they discover Sylvie's stalker may be linked to Tony's own investigation, what started as a simple plan to find his friend's killers turns into a hot bed of secrets and revelations. In a world full of overblown egos and dog-eat-dog ambition, Tony and Sylvie must work together to find her revenge-obsessed stalker before Sylvie ends up with a literal knife in the back.
I want to extend my many, many thanks for the very talented author Avery Flynn and her bestie Sylvie Bissett for the words of wisdom they are about to impart. I, myself, learned quite a bit. I learned that Avery and I share the same purse habits. *hangs head in shame* I promise I’ll try to do better.
The Key to Survival? It’s in the Bag
If your purse/handbag/pocketbook is anything like mine it is a black hole of crumpled receipts, mysteriously sticky Hot Wheels cars, pens without ink and change. I try to clean it out every few months, but have to admit I usually try to skip it because I’m a big chicken.
I know, I know. I write about the fashion industry and yet my own purse is a total mess. That’s why I sat down with the High-Heeled Wonder herself, Sylvie Bissett (shhh, come on play along with the crazy writer girl) to find out what every woman should have in her purse. Here’s what the hottest fashion blogger in Harbor City had to say.
1. Lipstick. Three shades. You never know when the mood to change will strike you. Plus, if you’re a slacker about cleaning out your bag *ahem Flynnie* you will always have the perfect shade on hand.
2. Mints. Nothing may taste as good as General Tsos from The Darling House, but it is killer on your breath—making it all the more awkward when you’re trying to get a lip lock on the hot private investigator posing as your boyfriend so you two can track down a stalker. Hey, it
could happen to you.
3. Mad Money. You never know when you’ll find the perfect sparkly accessory or need to give the waitress an extra tip to ignore the fact that you spent most of your lunch making out—or thinking about making out—with your pretend boyfriend.
4. Smartphone. Perfect to read all your favorite fashion blogs other than High-Heeled Wonder (may I recommend Tom and Lorenzo or Go Fug Yourself?) or to call the cops when a demented human trafficker/fashion designer is holding you at gunpoint.
5. Ballet Flats. I’m taking a chance even telling you that I own flats, but when a woman is running for her life, heels aren’t always the best option. Go with something in a bright color that will add a perfect pop of flash to any outfit. Plus the soft kind will fold flat at the bottom
of your bag.
Well there you have it. The key to survival is in the bag.
Avery Flynn has three slightly-wild children, loves a hockeyaddicted husband and is desperately hoping someone invents the coffee IV drip.
Avery was a reader before she was a writer and hopes to always be both. She loves to write about smartass alpha heroes who are as good with a quip as they are with their *ahem* other God-given talents. Her heroines are feisty, fierce and fantastic. Brainy and brave, these ladies know how to stand on their own two feet and knock the bad guys off theirs.
Join her street team, The
Flynnbots, and receive
special sneak peeks, prizes
and early access to her latest
Also, if you figure out how to send Oreos through the
Internet, she'll be your best friend for life.
You can send Avery’s virtual Oreos to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Enter the High-Heeled Wonder Shoes, Swag and Books Extravaganza Giveaway for your chance to win a $100 DSW gift certificate, books from Entangled Ignite authors releasing in January (Avery Flynn, High-Heeled Wonder; Jody Wallace, Angeli; Julie Rowe, Molly Gets Her Man; Caridad Pineiro and Cathy Perkins, Love International Style box set) and more!
a Rafflecopter giveaway