Saturday, March 5, 2011

Review for Enemy Lover by Karin Harlow

This is a new author for me and I had heard terrific things about this book. It is a dark story about Jax Cassidy, a convicted murderer and now black ops agent for a super secret covert agency run by Mr. Black aka Godfather. Jax is tagged to take out suspected hit man Marcus, our hero, who just happens to be a vampire. Fun ensues and joy is spread throughout the world......NOT!!! This is a very gritty book and there's not a lot of hilarity in the story. I didn't expect a light read from what I gathered from word of mouth, and this is not for the faint of heart. The violence was actually more graphic than the sex, which was surprising, considering some of the prior dialogue of the characters. The realistic dialogue between the characters was actually one of the better parts of the book.
I did enjoy this book, although the body count of the characters I wanted to get to know better was high. However, it does contain vampires, so anything is possible. The heroine was kick ass, which I am always a fan of, and the hero was dark and all vampy with vivid blue eyes, yum. The cast of secondaries was very intriguing, especially the other agents of L.O.S.T. (the covert agency). I will absolutely follow this series.
  flag

No comments: