Thursday, October 27, 2011

Guest Post by Author Katie Reus

1563059

Today I’m turning over the reins to Katie and she’s going to talk about her work and her new series coming out in early 2012. So please give a warm welcome to Katie Reus.
                                                         # #
For so long romantic suspense was the only thing I had any interest in reading and writing. Then I discovered paranormal romance (thanks to authors like Sherrilyn Kenyon and Cynthia Eden) and I was hooked. Still, I never thought I’d be interested in writing paranormal romance. Ha! Never say never, right? So in the midst of working on various romantic suspense stories and trying to sell them to New York, I started working on Alpha Instinct. Originally it was never supposed to be a single title book much less a series, but the more I wrote the more I realized that a whole lot of the characters erupting in Alpha Instinct would need their stories told too. So, I got my butt in gear and mapped out character sketches, family trees and decided to give this story my full attention (because up until that point, I wasn’t even working on it seriously, only when I had a break from the other stuff). When I finally sent it to my agent she read it and loved it but knew it could be stronger (and she was right!) so after tweaking the beginning we sent this baby out into the world and not long after I signed a 3 book deal with NAL/Signet Eclipse. And I even got to keep the title (which I freaking love!). It’s been amazing working with my editor and I’m so looking forward to this new release. Thank you so much for letting me share about it here today and for having me at your blog! Smile


11098030






Alpha Instinct – releasing February 7, 2012 in mass market and digital format. It’s the first in my new Moon Shifter series from NAL/Signet Eclipse. What is it about?







Fear has a scent. So does desire …….


Ana Cordona has been a strong leader for the lupine shifters who survived after all the males and most of the females in her pack were mysteriously poisoned. As tough as she is, with no Alpha male, the pack is vulnerable to the devious shifter, Taggart, who wants to claim both their ranch and Ana as his own. When Connor Armstrong comes back into her life, promising protection, it’s almost enough to make Ana forget how he walked out on her before --- and reluctantly accept his offer to mate.


The minute Connor sees Ana again, it reawakens a raw hunger. He must have her for his bondmate --- his wolf cries out for it. But his human side knows he must proceed with caution because of their complicated past. If he is to truly have her body and soul, he must go beyond his burning desire and win back her heart. Whatever it takes, he is determined not to leave her side again.


But Taggart and his rival pack are not their only enemies. A human element in town is targeting shifters. Their plan not only threatens Ana and Connor's future, but the lives of the entire pack.


A little about me: I've been reading romance since I discovered my mom's hidden stash at a young age and the addiction stayed with me into adulthood. I write dark paranormal romance and sexy romantic suspense. I write for Carina Press, Harlequin Nocturne, and in early 2012 the first book in my paranormal series will release from NAL/Signet Eclipse. To learn more about me please visit My websitemy blogfacebook or find me on twitter @katiereus.

No comments: