Thursday, March 13, 2014

Review (My New Favorite Series!!) – Sun Gods Seeks…Surrogate? (Accidentally Yours, bk #3) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

freevector-starburst

Published February 25th 2014 by Forever
Add it on Goodreads

image (14)[35]
When 24-year-old Penelope learns of a new miracle drug that could cure her ailing mother, it's the answer to her prayers. Until she sees the cost. But for every door that closes, a window opens. In this case, the window calls herself Cimil, and she's quite possibly the most insane person Penelope's ever met. Could it be because this complete stranger just offered Penelope one million dollars to carry her wealthy brother's baby?

But Cimil's brother isn't your everyday millionaire. In fact, he gives new meaning to the word hot.
flame long




image (13)[54]


Let me tell you what, this book ROCKED MY WORLD!! From the very first page I was like "OMG, this is gonna be so GREAT!" I'm all happy and going along laughing and loving everything and all the characters were hilarious and pretty. They were sexy squared and I was like "This could wind up being better than the BDB!" (I'm sorry, I was book giddy *looks down in shame*) "Finally", I thought in my delirium, "a paranormal book that doesn't give me whiplash from the happy, sad, love you, hate you roller coaster." Well you know what they say about counting your chickens before you finish the book. You end up with aborted chicken fetus on your face.


Mimi Jean Pamfiloff is a mean, sneaky BRILLIANT writer! She hooked me like a catfish going after fatback. Lulled me into a passionate love affair with all the pretty, sexy, funny characters and their shiny, happy lives, then she yanked the line, set the hook, pulled me in the boat and gutted me. It was totally diabolical.

Penelope was an absolute gem of a heroine. Totally the kind of chick I would hang out with. She was smart, snarky and fast on her feet. Cimil would certainly be welcome as a drinking buddy, if for no other reason than the whole naked clown thing. These two together are a flat out hoot.

Kinich, Cimil's sun god brother, has it all over that Greek poser, Apollo.   I have never craved caramel so much in my life. As arrogant as he came off in some scenes, he had that whole creamy center going on. He has his desires, but he fills duty bound to be a butt munch. This turns out to be a good thing, but I can't tell you why. In the end, this is still one of the BEST books I have EVER read. I can't just give it five out of five. Even though Mimi pulled the dratted cliff hanger, I loved the plunge, even laying broken and bloody at the bottom, I wanted to relive the entire journey. I am mystified as to why this author is not occupying the pinnacle of the romance pyramid because judging from this book, that is where she belongs. Brava!


image (4)
C9228-GOLD





image (1)[5]
Amazon/B&N/Kobo/ARe



image (10)[44]
13549824
13509885

signature (1)[5]

1 comment:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Bwaha yes! I've read one of hers in this series and she so did that to me. I ended the book with my mouth dropped open going nooooo!!! Loved her humor. Such a hoot. Glad you enjoyed it!