Saturday, May 17, 2014

Early Review - Hunt the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #11) by Alexandra Ivy

image

                                                          Expected publication: May 27th 2014 by Zebra Books
download (4)

div54




18371366
The vampire Roke is raw, sensual, always in control. Yet somehow he's allowed the unthinkable to happen: a nymph-like witch named Sally has used her magic to trick Roke into mating with her. The pair will remain bound for eternity unless Sally breaks the spell. The trouble is, she has no idea how. . .

Mating with Roke was an accident;at least that's what Sally keeps telling herself. She's on the hunt for her demon father, whose identity holds the key to releasing the spell. The search won't be easy with Roke shadowing Sally's every move. As they mate with a ferocity that leaves them both aching for more, Sally isn't sure if her world is more dangerous without Roke--or with him. . .
 
From Goodreads
 
 
1388963146786949_animate


say what


"In book after book, Ivy builds a fascinatingly complex, ever-evolving mythology where dynamic and sometimes stubborn characters collide--with epic results." --RT Book Reviews on Darkness Avenged

"Captivating, sexy, and with a sinful bite like rich dark chocolate." --Larissa Ione on Beyond the Darkness

 
1388963146786949_animate[5]


image (13)[54]


This is one of those series that is at the core of my PNR addiction and yet I don't devote nearly the time to it that it so richly deserves. I remember years ago when I first discovered the GoE series and I would haunt the bookstores looking for back titles and more information on future titles. I still love this series, but as the blog grew and life in general happened. I slacked off and I am completely repentant. I should be caned, flogged and made to lose my fan card.

It boggles my mind how Alexandra Ivy can keep creating such new, unique stories and keep track of all her irons in the fire. I do believe she is a literary savant. While there have been some characters that I liked more than others and some that I would sell my only child, for five minutes in a locked room with them, I don't believe there has been one that I wanted to stab. Don't gasp, for me stabbing is an everyday impulse. Thus the title of the blog, duh! Anyway..... Roke and Sally turned out to be one of my favorite couples and have rejuvenated my love for this awesome series. Neither ever intended for them to have anything but an adversarial relationship. I mean he was her guard in the dungeon and she was a former servant of the Dark Lord. Despite their physical attraction, emotionally they both had extreme issues with the other. Great set up!

Roke, who has just become Clan chief has definite ideas of what his mate should be like. It is in no way similar to the mouthy, stubborn witch, Sally. Sally, who has incredible abandonment issues, is looking for her father. She wants to deal with Roke on a day to day basis as much as a case of hemorrhoids.  This is just the most fun book I have had the privilege to read in a good while. I cracked up through the whole book. The snark and irreverence were nonstop and I ate it up.

On top of everything else, Alexandra Ivy is one of the best at throwing the heat. Even during the dark episodes, the tension is there, just waiting to burst into life. It simmers on the page and causes the reader to squirm in anticipation of what they know will be mind blowing. This is IMHO one of the best books yet, although if they get any better, I don't know if my poor, mortal heart could take it. Job supremely well done, Alexandra, brava and take a bow.


image (4)



ani-pointer
pre
Amazon/B&N/Kobo/iBooks
div54[7]


image (3)[5]


40881
I'm not exactly sure when I fell in love with books. Probably on my mother's knee listening to her read Dr. Seuss to me. I do remember that I was barely old enough to cross the street by myself when I discovered the delights of the local library. Could anything be more wonderful than spending summer days surrounded by stacks of Nancy Drew mysteries? Over the years I fell in love with Victoria Holt, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, and J.R.R. Tolkien just to name a few. I read poetry, essays, biographies, and plays. In fact, I read anything I could get my hands on.

Years later (no, I'm not admitting how many) I'm still an avid reader, and my tastes are still as varied as they were in my youth, which I suppose helps to explain why I enjoy writing regency historicals under the name of Deborah Raleigh, as well as my contemporary paranormals as Alexandra Ivy. For now that is enough to keep me busy, but who knows what the future might hold!

I do have a few other loves in my life besides reading and writing, the most important being my unbelievably patient husband, David, and my two sons, Chance and Alexander. Without their constant support and belief in me, I never could have been able to follow my dreams. They are truly my heroes.
--From authors website--


Image-1[66]
Blog/Website/Facebook/Twitter/Goodreads

signature (1)[5]

3 comments:

Ronda Tutt said...

Great review. This is one series I haven't read yet but have on my list to read.

Funny though how I have actually met Alexandra Ivy. I met her at Author's After Dark Book convention and she is such a nice lady.

I hope to start her series soon.

Sebella Blue said...

Ronda, you WILL looooove this series! Alexandra's characters are right up your alley.

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Well I've definitely been missing out! I've had her on my tbr list but just haven't made the time. Guess I will be soon! Sounds awesome :)