Thursday, June 12, 2014

Review–Lost Wages of Sin (Sinner’s and Saints, #1) by Rosalie Stanton

Screenshot 2014-06-11 12.11.48 (2)

22009936

                                                          Expected publication: June 13th 2014 by Totally Bound
download (4)

divider_36




22009936
*This book was previously released at another publisher. It has been revised and re-edited for release with Totally Bound.*

Working for Lucifer is the best job in the universe, until the day it’s not. Then you’re on your own, with Hell at your heels.

Ava, Sin of Greed, has had a rough week. The angel she planned to make a life with left her with nothing but a Dear Jane letter. Even worse, Lucifer believes she spilled Hell’s secrets to her ex, and her boss’s temper is notoriously apocalyptic.

For centuries, Dante kept his feelings for Ava under lock-and-key. The one time he pursued something more, he nearly lost her for good. Lesson learnt. However, when he hears of her planned elopement, all bets are off. Not having Ava was a reality he could accept. Losing her to an angel is something else entirely.

Now Ava, once Hell’s golden child, is fleeing for her life. When her old friend Dante shows up, her first instinct is to send him packing. But Dante is more than a friend—he’s the only other man who tempted her, and his fierce loyalty challenges everything she thought she knew about him. As Ava prepares to battle the devil himself, she can’t keep from getting closer to Dante…though she doubts her heart can survive another break.
(Blurb from Goodreads)

Change_of_Heart_ANIMATED_xD_by_r4v1


image (13)[54]

When I first started reviewing books for publication, way before I started my blog, I ran across a book blurb that sounded promising and gave it a go. That book was the original edition of Lost Wages of Sin and it was not as developed or lengthy and you know what, I loved it. It was one of my first encounters with indie authors, and I was blown away. I felt like I had been kept from something precious. So when I found out that Rosalie was re-releasing LWoS with new content, I was kind of hesitant. I mean, you just don't tamper with perfection. But I trust her judgement so I jumped into the pool.

tumblr_mmg7byBIYE1qf8btso1_400

It was PHENOMENAL! Dante and Ava were already one of my favorite book couples ever, but this just added so much more depth to their relationship. It was like looking at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson through smudged, out of focus glasses, he looks good, but when you clean the glasses and get the right prescription, Lord Have Mercy and get me a drool rag!! I mean I didn't even realize there could be so much more to a story that had just rocked my world. I mean the female lead is one of THE seven deadly sins, but she is such a cool chick. Her entire name is Avarita, so she's greed... right? But she is so much more, she is loyal, fierce, and just adores Dante, even though early on in their friendship, he was a MAJOR hound. These two were sooooo screwed up in the beginning, and both so afraid of being the first to say anything. I could so relate to the early stages.

This rewrite gives so much more detail and answers questions that I didn't even know that I had. I got more of a feel for her siblings and their relationship. Ava and Dante's past is explored to a greater degree and this just broke my heart. Ahhhh, pride does goest before a fall. Dante for all his faults was a tremendous male lead. He was protective, alpha, but also fun, tender, completely raunchy and absolutely crazy about Ava. He let her lead when the situation (wait, nix that) he acknowledged her skills and superior abilities in certain situations. Nobody LET Ava do anything.

These characters were among the first that I could totally see being friends with. They said and did things that I would do. (Well, except for the whole drinking blood and living in Hell thing) Bless, Rosalie's creative little heart, she made Lucifer and Big J besties of a kind. Frenemies, of a sort, and Lucifer is not the big bad in the story. I loved this! It was all about balance and redemption, or at least the opportunity. The whole premise is monumental, intelligent and so effing fun. I have been waiting and waiting and stalking Rosalie and hoping that this series would get the attention and accolades that it so richly deserves. I need to see the end of the chess game. I want the rest of the Sin's stories, although I have read Luxi's story and it is an absolute winner as well. IMHO Rosalie Stanton is one of the great PNR authors of the time and should be recognized as such. Her characters speak to me and bring joy, laughter, untold emotion and a lasting satisfaction that is a rare find in a market that worships cookie cutter formats. You excel at your craft Rosalie Stanton, take a bow. Bravissima.
image

ani-pointer
rect-photo-plaque---pre
Totally Bound/Print now available at Amazon
Screenshot 2014-06-11 12.11.48

mad-space

download (4)

image (3)[5]


Rosalie Stanton Low Res-300x400
Rosalie Stanton is a multi-published erotic romance author, with emphasis in paranormal and urban fantasy. A lifelong enthusiast of larger than life characters, Rosalie enjoys building worlds filled with strong heroes and heroines of all backgrounds.

Rosalie lives in Missouri with her husband. At an early age, she discovered a talent for creating worlds, which evolved into a love of words and storytelling. As the granddaughter of an evangelical minister, Rosalie applied herself equally in school in the creative writing and religious studies departments, which had an interesting impact on her writing. When her attention is not engaged by writing or editing, she enjoys spending time with close friends and family.
 


Image-1[66]
Website/Facebook/Twitter/Google+/Goodreads
 
signature (1)[5]

No comments: