Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vampire in Atlantis by Alyssa Day

9636371

Publisher: Berkley

Published: 6/07/2011

 Buy here

Rating: Entrée

 devil_mad_48devil_mad_48devil_mad_48
 ICONATOR_8c2e4df12605dcba6cf38f7174cceb65ICONATOR_8c2e4df12605dcba6cf38f7174cceb65ICONATOR_8c2e4df12605dcba6cf38f7174cceb65
 teddy-bear-iconteddy-bear-icon




  Daniel had lived over 11,000 years. He was the Primator of  vampires in the U.S. Congress and he was tired and ready to face the dawn. Serai had spent the last 11,000 years in a type of suspended animation. Promised to the Atlantean Royal Prince Conlan, she has been left in her stasis to hear those around her live their lives. When the stasis magic is interrupted Serai breaks free of her stasis and Atlantis with Daniel in tow.
If they can't find the jewel that's disrupting the magic, Serai and her sisters still in stasis will die, and Atlantis may never rise.

  I have been waiting Daniel's book for what seems like forever. I am a HUGE fan of this series and Daniel was a favorite character of mine since the beginning. It was worth the wait, every agonizing second of it. Daniel has spent most of his vampiric life trying to atone for what he sees as his failures, the cross all noble heroes seem to bear. It is an admirable trait, but to paraphrase another favorite character of mine (shout out to the BDB) "Get off the cross, someone else needs the wood". Thankfully a pissed off Serai is just what he needs to smack him upside his "oh, so noble" head. Yeah, Serai is pissed, and with good reason. She was only 25 when put in stasis. (very young for an Atlantean) She knew her intended, Conlan, had married a human. Not that she loved Conlan, but still, she had waited millenia for him. When she escapes, Conlan wants to pull the kingly ruler card and order her back to Atlantis. She laid the verbal smack down on his butt and went about her merry way. My girl, Serai was channeling Sasha Fierce and taking no prisoners. She is woman, hear her roar.

  Of course Alaric played a role in this book, along with his lady love Quinn. There are some major developments in their story line involving Jack (who really MUST have his own book). Lots of new characters and storylines evolving and making me anticipate the next book. I get so caught up in the story, I don't realize there's only a few pages left, and then I panic. This story had every emotional element known to man, love, lust, anger, hatred, laughter and joy and tear jerking sorrow. Yes, you might need a tissue or two. I can't recommend this series highly enough, and the Warriors of Poseidon are among the elite in romance heroes. Kudos to Ms. Day for a job well done.  

  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey babe! Loved this series too even though i haven't read this one yet. One of my girls is looking for a few reviewers for her site. She's really cool and lets you post on your own blog and lets you pick your own books. I thought of you when she asked me...are you interested? Email me at Viajeradelmar@aol.com. later babe!

Sebella Blue said...

I appreciate the thought and the props, but I literally don't have time to sleep. Between the blog, the other 2 sites I review for and the sanctuary, I am pushed to the wall.

Nicole weaver said...

Following you back. Thanks for the follow.

Nicole Weaver
http://mybiethdayiseptembereleven.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I went out and bought this one...I hear you about being slammed..if I could just stop adding I'd catch up!

Unknown said...

It was a great review and forgot to leave my email
Viajeradelmar@aol.com