Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

8205669

  Publisher:  St. Martin’s Press

  Published: 9/14/2010

  Buy here

  Reviewer:  Kati Lear

  Katie’s Rating: 5+







I have a wonderful surprise for followers of Rage, Sex and Teddy Bears. On most Saturdays, I will be posting reviews from a wonderfully fresh new voice and YA blogger from Jagged Edge Reviews, Kati Lear.  Katie is going to be posting a few of her adult reviews here and giving you guys a break from my ramblings. She also covers books that I haven’t or most likely won’t read. (although after reading this glowing review, I'm giving this one a go) I am absolutely thrilled for her input and need everyone to show her much love. Without further adieu, I give you Kati Lear.

  Life in Marblehead has had a pleasant predictability, until Diesel arrives. Rumor has it a collection of priceless ancient relics representing the Seven Deadly Sins have made their way to Boston’s North Shore. Partnered with pastry chef, Lizzie Tucker, Diesel bullies and charms his way through historic Salem to track them down—and his criminal mastermind cousin, Gerewulf Grimorie. The black-haired, black-hearted Wulf is on the hunt for the relic representing gluttony. Caught in a race against time, Diesel and Lizzie soon find out that more isn’t always better, as they battle Wulf and the first of the deadly sins.

  I love, love, love this book. One of the best Janet Evanovich books I have EVER read and I have read them all. It is an adult novel, but it is paranormal (Not sure of the rated R level). I love how Wicked Appetite is like a spin off of a Stephanie Plum novel (from a side novel within the series). She brought in Diesel and Carl the
monkey! (love them, my favorite characters out of all the Stephanie Plum novels! Except Ranger…) Of course you would kind of have to have read Plum Spooky to understand who Carl (A monkey that likes to play video games and flip people off) and Diesel (hot with a strange power) are, but the book is beyond worth it! It’s amazing and hard to put down, as well as fast paced. I am in love with the storyline. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series! (Unsure when that will be) 

4 comments:

Alyssa (Hesperia Loves Books) said...

Great review Katie, although I don't know if I can bring myself to start this series. I've had enough Stephanie Plum & JE and didn't feel that Diesel's story line warranted a series of it's own. I may pick it up in the future but there will have to be absolutely nothing else to read.

Anonymous said...

I have never read anything by Janet and I picked this book up this morning. Debbie Macomber's new one is already on my list, and I wanted something that's more of an escape. I skimmed over the first couple of pages and I like Lizzie's voice already.

I am sure Janet will be a favorite of mine after this! Thanks for the review.

Sebella Blue said...

Kati did a great job on the review. I'll make sure she sees your feedback and thanks for your comment. I think the monkey sounds like a hoot.

Unknown said...

LOL...that's cool that you have a guest blogger..she did an amazing job on the review!
Viajeradelmar @aol.com